|Join Our What’s Group||Click Here|
On 10 May 2022, the government had implemented these rules by issuing a notification. PAN Card and Aadhar Card have been made mandatory for depositing large amounts of cash in one or more banks in a financial year. Similarly, the government has also set the limit for cash transactions.
Under the new rules, it has now been made mandatory to provide PAN or Aadhaar for depositing or withdrawing more than Rs 20 lakh in banks. On May 10, 2022, the government had implemented these rules by issuing a notification. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has made new rules under the Income Tax (15th Amendment) Rules, 2022. After the implementation of these new rules, if a person deposits a total amount of 20 lakh rupees or more in a financial year in one or more accounts in any banking company, co-operative bank or post office, then PAN and Aadhar card for him. Giving has become mandatory.
What will happen to those who do not have PAN?
Those who do not have PAN will have to apply for PAN at least seven days prior to any transaction of more than Rs 50,000 in a day or more than Rs 20 lakh in a financial year. Similarly, if a person withdraws a total amount of 20 lakh rupees or more in a financial year from one or more accounts of any banking company, co-operative bank or post office, then he will have to give PAN or Aadhar card.
Keep these things in mind
- Income tax laws prohibit cash transactions above Rs 2 lakh for any reason. Therefore, avoid excessive cash transactions, otherwise you may have to pay a fine.
- The government prohibits accepting cash above Rs 2 lakh. Therefore, in a single day, you cannot take more than Rs 2 lakh in cash even from your close relatives.
- Not more than Rs 2 lakh can be accepted as a cash gift from a single donor at a time. If anyone violates this, he can be fined equal to the amount received.
- Do not pay cash for health insurance. If the taxpayer pays the insurance premium in cash, he will not be eligible for section 80D deduction.
- In a property transaction, the maximum cash allowed is also Rs 20,000. If a seller is in advance, then the maximum limit is only two lakh rupees.