|Join Our What’s Group||Click Here|
The Income Tax Department has issued a warning to the PAN card holders, asking them to link Aadhaar immediately, otherwise the PAN card will become inactive. Deadline has also been announced for this.
The method of linking PAN online has also been told and for this the fee has also been fixed for it. The Income Tax Department has told the PAN card holders that according to the Income Tax Act 1961, all the PAN holders who do not come under the exemption category, should link their PAN number with Aadhaar number before March 31, 2023. In case of non-linkage, your PAN will be canceled from April 1, 2023 under Section-139AA of the Income Tax Act. After this the PAN card can never be used. PAN card holders
will have to pay late fees for linking PAN, the Income Tax Department has said that till July 1, 2022, the process of linking PAN with Aadhaar has been free.
But, now the deadline to link PAN has been extended till March 31, 2023 and for this PAN holders will have to pay Rs 1000 as late fee.
Online process to link PAN-Aadhaar
- PAN card holders first go to the e-filing website of the Income Tax Department (www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in).
- After this register yourself on the website. Here PAN number will be your user ID.
- Now login by entering User ID, Password and Date of Birth.
- Link Aadhaar option will appear on the website, click it.
- Now go to the profile setting of your account.
- As soon as you go to the profile setting, the option to link Aadhaar card will appear, select it.
- Now fill your Aadhaar number and captcha code.
- After this, click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option shown below.
- After completing this process, your PAN card will be linked with Aadhaar.